Blocked drains, sinks and toilets
Blocked drains or toilets can be quite unpleasant and a major health risk. We will quickly get to the bottom of the problem and flush away your troubles in no time. Sengkhona are experts at clearing clogged drains. For homes, schools, restaurants, hotels, hospitals and malls; our speedy teams will be there in a flash!
What causes blocked drains?
- Outside drains: blockages are most likely caused by a build-up of dead leaves, or even tree roots which can find their way into pipes.
- Indoor blockage: it is usually because of heavy materials or objects being flushed down into the drain or a combination of soap scum, dirt and hair, and fatty deposits from your dirty pots and dishes. If you have little kids, toys can also be the problem.
Quick Tips To Unblock Your Drain:
- If your drain is not completely clogged, i.e, it’s draining slowly, you could probably get away with using a plunger. **If you have a dishwasher, remember to first clamp the drain hose of the dishwasher.
- You can also pour a mixture of 1/2 cup baking soda with 1/2 cup white vinegar down the drain, followed by some warm water – this helps to dissolve the fatty deposits.
- If the above methods don’t work – call your plumber!
Don’t plunge a drain if you’ve poured drain cleaner into the sink. The chemicals can cause serious burns if they splash on your skin. Use drain cleaner only if the sink is draining slowly and not completely clogged. Alert your plumber if you have poured drain cleaner before calling them so that they take the necessary precautions.